The bigger and better the offer the more sense it makes to look into it, to find out whether it is true or not.
No-one throughout history has made bigger and better offers than one man. He made claims about life, happiness, freedom, forgiveness, the world and eternity which if true will change everything for all of us! The sheer size and awesomeness of his claims demands we investigate and consider them before we decide what we make of them. Surely it is only rational to consider Jesus and his offer.
We need to make sure we investigate the claims for ourselves. This is too big a life issue to rely only on what we may have heard from other people, whether this is from parents, teachers, or TV etc. Please don’t dismiss Jesus because you already think you know what he is all about when what you have heard may be very different from the reality. Have you ever really read and considered what he said for yourself?
My plea is please, please consider Jesus! Look into him and test what he said for yourself. There is too much at stake, to much to be potentially lost and gained. If we are not going to follow Jesus we need to be sure why!
What if Jesus was telling the truth? He is worth considering!
Five ways you could start investigating Jesus are:
1) Come along to our Alpha Taster at 8:00pm on the 4th June at the Black Horse pub (Alpha is a free, relaxed, fun, course based around food set up to help people look into the life and claims of Jesus) http://redeemerbirmingham.org.uk/alpha/
2) Email me with any questions or comments email@example.com
3) Come along to our Sunday meeting, or any of our other events
4) Read a gospel (Matthew, Mark, Luke or John). These are the four biographies of Jesus life from the Bible (we can send you one for free)
5) Ask Jesus to make himself known to you